Avid announced two breakthrough products:
- Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD – Ultimate performance using SSD
- Avid NEXIS | PRO 40TB – leading capacity for workgroup collaboration storage
Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD
- To meet the demand for customers requiring very high bandwidth for finishing, colouring, and other high-performance workflows, Avid has integrated SSD’s (Solid State Drives) within the Avid NEXIS | Enterprise platform.
- SSD (Solid State Drives) use flash memory to deliver very high performance 8x performance boost over HDDs.
- Physically Robust media storage, no spinning disks
- Hybrid Deployment, Hard Disks (HDD) & Solid State Drives (SSD) in the same storage system
The Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD engine delivers up to 3,000 MBytes per second read performance per 2U 10-drive Engine and Storage capacity of 9.6TB or 9.2TB with the choice of dual or single-disk protection for media assets. Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD engines deliver unrivalled performance, reliability, collaboration and integration into the Avid MediaCentral Platform.
Avid NEXIS | PRO 40TB
- Introducing 40TB version of Avid NEXIS | PRO to accommodate larger projects. Each Avid NEXIS | PRO 40TB delivers 40TB capacity and the ability to have single or dual disk media protection and up to 600MB/sec of throughput for collaborative editing of video and audio workflows.
- Scale up to 4 engines
- Up to 160TB capacity
- Up to 2.4GB/sec performance
- Can be added to existing Avid NEXIS | PRO systems
Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD and Avid NEXIS | PRO 40TB are now orderable, shipment will commence by the end of September.
Avid NEXIS | FS v7.9.0 is required to enable Avid NEXIS | PRO 40TB and Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD engines. Avid NEXIS | FS v7.9.0 is due for release to qualifying customers later in September.
See Avid price books published September 15, 2017 for pricing and ordering information.
See Avid NEXIS v7.9.0. ReadMe here for details.
Avid NEXIS 7.9.0 is the recommended version for all Avid NEXIS systems including Avid NEXIS | E2, E4, E5 and Avid NEXIS | PRO
Recommended and Supported Versions
|Avid NEXIS||V7.9.0||Introduced support for Avid NEXIS | E2 SSD and Avid NEXIS | PRO 40TB.
Recommended for all Avid NEXIS systems.
|Avid NEXIS||V7.8.0||Introduced support for 100TB Media Packs in Avid NEXIS Enterprise Engines.
Introduced Support for Windows Server 2016 on client systems
|Avid NEXIS||V7.7.0||Introduced support for media mirroring with 1-disk protection and mirror recovery|
|Avid NEXIS||V7.6.1||Added support for: High Performance Storage Groups, Pro Tools workflow enhancements.
Fixed an issue where greater than 1x playback in Media Composer consumed more bandwidth than expected. Released improvements to redistribution with load when one or two disks are being rebuilt after a failure.
|Avid NEXIS||V7.5.0||Added support for add, remove, full redistribution with load, for systems with Seamless Engine Protection (mirror workspaces)|
|Avid NEXIS||V7.4.0||Added support for CentOS 7.3 client|
|Avid NEXIS||V7.3.2||Minimum version for Avid NEXIS systems using Interplay Media Indexer and/or Active Directory.
Minimum version for Avid NEXIS systems with more than 24 Media Packs (MPs).
|Avid NEXIS | PRO||Firmware r4.1.16d||Required for all Avid NEXIS | PRO storage|
|Avid NEXIS||V7.1.1||Minimum recommended for all Avid NEXIS Systems.
Includes stability enhancements and protection from misconfigured clients.
|All Avid NEXIS customers are strongly advised to upgrade from Avid NEXIS v5.x or v6.x to at least v7.1.1 to stability issues with earlier releases.|
|Avid ISIS||V4.7.9||Minimum recommended for all Avid ISIS Systems.
Includes multiple stability enhancements.
Avid NEXIS 7.9.0 will be available in Avid Master (MyAvid) accounts of customers with a current support contract by the end of September.
Avid NEXIS | Clients will be available for Avid ISIS customers via the Avid Download Center by the end of September
For more information check out the following:
For more info contact Atomise.