Since 2004, StorageDNA have been helping film, video and broadcast professionals master their digital workflow to enable them to work more efficiently and save costs. Advanced technologies and a commitment to innovation are the backbone of our company.
Many media professionals face a number of challenges as a result of the phenomenal growth of digital file-based workflows, including how to:
- Cost-effectively backup and store content
- Protect digital assets long-term
- Easily archive, search, find, restore, and directly access content when needed
StorageDNA’s solutions power some of the most complex and critical workflows for a wide range of customers from major film studios and television production companies to sports organizations, government agencies, and Fortune 500 corporations. Thank you for your interest in StorageDNA; we look forward to serving you.
DNA Evolution™ is an open platform and delivers an LTO LTFS-powered archive, retrieval, and direct access workflow solution. It helps post environments to dramatically reduce storage costs, enables disaster recovery, and automates time consuming online-offline workflows. DNA Evolution is Avid®, Final Cut Pro® 7, and Adobe® Premiere® “intelligent”, and tightly integrates into shared storage systems.
Key Feature Highlights:
- Avid, Final Cut Pro 7, and Adobe Premiere integration for bin, sequence, and project archiving
- Numerous archiving workflows including watch folders, drag ‘n’ drop, and AAF/XML
- Mini-media asset manager interface with clip browse and low-resolution previews
- Fastest performance for archives and restores
- Tight integration with media SAN and NAS systems
- Backup and disaster recovery for your SAN/NAS system
- Scale to numerous archive managers
- Web-based central administration
In a complete file-based environment, DNA Evolution can provide your pipeline the insurance it needs to quickly recover from failures – including operator errors, accidental deletions, SAN crashes and site-wide disasters. DNA Evolution mirrors your SAN to a low-cost LTO/LTFS tier and keeps multiple point in time copies - enabling you to time travel and recover your lost data.
DNA Evolution only brings back the hi-resolution clips needed directly from LTO tape via an EDL / AAF / XML, and if enabled with an autoloader, it can automatically load and bring back clips across multiple LTO tapes.
LTO tape prvides the most cost-effective and reliable way to store your hi-resolution media compared to online or nearline disk, or removable drives. The cost of LTO tape is 40 – 100 times lower than primary storage, and 10 – 20 times lower than nearline disk. With DNA Evolution, you can keep your hi-res media on LTO tape which now acts as both an archive and a nearline solution.
The DNA Evolution online-offline workflow will help you save time and costs with a faster and more automated restore and conform from LTO workflow and a much smaller SAN.Back to StorageDNA Archive